If there is one thing that no one can deny about planning a move, it is that it is complex. This is a fact. There are so many things that you have to think about and to plan for that it is no wonder that moving is one of the most stressful events that one can go through in their life, according to psychologists. The stress comes from not just having to plan and do things like packing all of your belongings and hiring a good moving company, and figuring out what parking rules in Arizona you have to follow during a move. There is also a lot going on, on the emotional level. If you are moving for the first time this can be really hard to take in.
Which is why you have to make sure that you are mentally ready for this
Before the moving day starts you have to prepare yourself first for the stress that is coming your way. You do not want to find yourself behind a wheel on your moving day all riled up and on the edge of a breakdown. In such a situation knowing all the driving and parking rules in Arizona may not be enough if you are not focused on what you are doing. The proper mental preparation is about adopting a positive way of thinking. We are not talking about just hoping for the best. The key is in acknowledging and adopting the fact that pretty much, whatever happens, you will be alright. This is really important during the times like moving from one home to another.
Hiring one of the best moving companies Green Valley AZ is really important, but it is perhaps even more crucial that you are at peace in your mind. The move will last for several days, perhaps weeks, yes. But it will eventually end and you will be free of that burden. Adopting this type of belief in yourself can be a really amazing and effective stress-dealing tactic throughout your life, not just during a move. If you are not the only one that is moving, i.e. if there are family members moving with you, it is important that they are also ready for this. Talk with your partner if you have one about everything that is going to be happening during the move. Also, if you have kids, make sure that they know that they are not alone. Talk honestly and with respect towards their opinion.
Wanna know the parking rules in Arizona? Visit your new home before the move
One of the best ways to deal with stress as well as getting to know everything about the traffic in your new home’s area is to actually organize a field trip to your new home. Check out the town’s website and tourist guide to see what interesting things should you visit. This will enable you to meet your new hometown before you even move there. Take your family with you so you can all take a walk through the city and make some memories before the best movers and packers Tucson AZ move you to your new home. This will also give you a chance to scout the parking areas around your new place, enabling you to plan ahead about potential parking solutions.
So, what parking rules in Arizona are a must-know during a move?
You must obey the following rules:
- You cannot park on the sidewalk.
- It is forbidden to park in front of a public or a private driveway.
- This is unless the person is making an official delivery of mail, which you won’t be doing as you are moving.
- You cannot park within the borders of an intersection or on the crosswalk.
- It is forbidden to park within a distance of 15ft of a fire hydrant or 20ft of a crosswalk at an intersection.
- Inside the distance of 30ft of a flashing beacon, a stop or a yield sign or traffic-controlling signal that is at the side of a road.
- The following rule can be suspended by a director or a local authority. Parking in between a safety zone and an adjacent curb, or inside 30ft of the curb that is directly opposed to the endings of a safety zone, is forbidden.
- You cannot park in a radius of 50ft of the nearest rail or a railroad crossing.
- You have to avoid parking in front of fire stations whatsoever.
- Also, never park on the side of a parked vehicle towards the road.
- Avoid other common sense no-parking places such as on a bridge, or any other structure similar to it. Tunnels, underpasses are also on this list, along with places where there are signs stopping you from parking.
Of course, there is an exception to this. It is in such cases when you have to break them in order to avoid a collision with something. The other one – if a police officer instructs you to do so.
What about parking permits?
Firstly, what are parking permits? They are documents that you get from a city which allows you to park your vehicle for a certain period. With a parking permit, you can reserve a space for yourself, i.e. prevent others from using it. It also serves as proof that you have the permission for your moving truck or a trailer to be there.
Now, do you need it?
Parking rules in Arizona are not completely clear regarding this. If you have a rental truck, for instance, it is best to get a permit, because it may be necessary. Particularly so if you are parking in front of a complex of apartments, or on a street. You will also need it if you are parking on a private driveway which intersects a public sidewalk. Also, you will need it if you plan on parking your car in an area controlled by a Home Owners Association.